While showering off the layer of stickiness from sweat and ice cream (I'll explain that one shortly) I realized we didn't take any pictures today. Hmmm... I guess I left that up to Keith. We leisurely woke up which included Carter joining us in bed for some morning cuddle time, good thing we have a king sized bed at home since that is Hunter's routine as well. Had breakfast at the buffet and didn't have any food spit out which was another bonus moment in our day.
Ohhh... it has also occur ed to me I may not have shared with all of you one of Carter's finer skills. Apparently the cute chubby checks are not just for good looks, they are also very functional. He can hold food and drink in them for large amounts of time. For example, yesterday we tried pizza for lunch (BTW - Carter only seems to like pizza after it has sat in a hotel room for hours). Carter took a couple of bites then laid down for a nap. He woke up about an hour and a half later fussy. He wasn't screaming so we began to wonder what the deal was. Then he started to spit out all the pizza that had been put into his mouth.
Back to our day. Ummm... breakfast no chewed up food on display, next we waited in our room while the ASIA staff went to the consulate office and completed Carter's visa paperwork. We received the thumbs up call and headed for lunch with the Thompsons (Susan, Keith, and Annabelle which are related to Mary and Allen Neal). Carter and I managed to start a domino effect with drinks involved which ended up with Susan having a plate of chocolate ovaltine fish and chips. Yummy! At least we all got some laughs out of it. We went for a shopping excursion this afternoon which resulted in a couple of purchases. We had a great dinner once again with only a sub-par fit. Our stop for ice cream after dinner started great, but ended with me carrying a screaming toddler back to the hotel. Before we left ice cream was flung around and besides hitting me Susan got to be a secondary target (and we wondered why she didn't want to sit by the two of us at dinner). Once we got in the hotel he was fine and we rode the elevator, jogged down the hall twice and went to bed.
Either the tantrums are somewhat calming down or I'm becoming more used to them. I think it is probably a combination of both. Carter is so wonderfully on target for his age which unfortunately means he needs to test his boundaries.
Happy Family Day Carter!
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment