Our guide Max picked us up yesterday morning at 9a for what ended up being a 12 hour tour. We saw alot, we walked alot, and we sweat alot. The heat is not unbearable but we were outside all day walking in the sun which is what got uncomfortable. Max is 28 and has a great personality. Dad - you would like Max, he pulled the sun dial joke on us (looking at his cell phone). Apparently Todd is the cool one, he has been told his Chinese pronunciation is perfect and he is a pig (the year of the pig that is). Pigs are very lucky, it is very good to be a pig. Last year many babies were born because it was the year of the golden pig. When Max found out Todd was a policeman the American movie references started. He also made sure to point out the police station when we drove by it. Today we are headed to the Great Wall and more walking outside in the sun. Amy I talked about you yesterday, I forgot to put on sunscreen at the beginning of the day and started to burn. Luckily Todd remembered to bring some in our camera bag so I was fortunate. I told Todd you would be lecturing me later for it. We enjoyed all the food we tried yesterday. Todd was surprised that the chicken dish we had for dinner last night tasted almost identical to the Sweet and Sour Chicken we can get at home. The thing that has really hit the spot for me is watermelon. There is something so wonderful about watermelon when you've been in the heat and sun all day. Todd had a Chinese beer yesterday, I tried it too, we both liked it. Kim - this is where I thought of you, LOL. The beer had a much lighter taste then even our American light beers, or at least I thought so. We also had Chrysanthemum tea. Max had to look up the name for Chrysanthemum and then was unsure how to say. I told him to call it Mum and he really liked that.
No comments:
Post a Comment